the importance of family
Last week was amazing. Full of laughter, tears, good food, new puppies, bittersweet moments, and most importantly, lots of love. No reproachfulness, no I told you so's, nothing. Only good things. I was (still am) very thankful that I was there. In Minnesota, celebrating a milestone birthday of a woman I love dearly. And this family isn't even blood. But through the twists and turns of an everyday life, they've become closer than my actual, genetic family that raised me.
I guess I just want to say that family is not always what one is born into. And it doesn't make one a bad person for feeling closer to others. Life is what it is; we all want to feel we matter to people. We want support and approval and unconditional love. Some of us are lucky enough to find it.
A good weekend to you all; cherish those you love.
I guess I just want to say that family is not always what one is born into. And it doesn't make one a bad person for feeling closer to others. Life is what it is; we all want to feel we matter to people. We want support and approval and unconditional love. Some of us are lucky enough to find it.
A good weekend to you all; cherish those you love.
![]() |
| a summer day Lake Harriet, Minneapolis (Not a relation; simply a summer fairy, flitting around the lake.) © Trish Korous |



Comments
Post a Comment