on having a good week
The past week was one of those of which was a healthy mix of both good and not so good.
First, the not so good. The usual work issues: too much all at once, balmy customers that cannot make decisions (and stick with them), grown men that act like adolescents.
Commuter issues: people that say sorry for plowing you down when getting on the train while others am getting off. Their apologies mean nothing. I want to punch them very hard.
Home issues: I came down with a cold Monday night and as I rarely get them, I’ve been rather miserable. My flatmate, Miss Madeleine Manx, is getting older (eighteen June past) and getting a bit pickier about her food. I should get frequent visitor treats from Petco.
Now for the good bits. Snail mail from family is always appreciated. (I promise to do better.) When it contains forgiveness and understanding and love, it’s even better. I miss them so much it hurts, and while I do love everything I’ve seen and experienced in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, I need to think a lot before another cross country move. And win the lottery. Which will be impossible as I don’t play. Never have, never will. Much food for thought.
Remember my most recent blog post where I lamented selling a certain camera? Well, it’s coming home to me. Yes! I’m doing my happy dance. Honest.
I received a lovely small package from a dear friend in New Orleans and inside were a pair of her original, handmade earrings. Perfect for this time of year. Or anytime, actually. I owe you, dear lady.
You might be saying that my week didn’t sound special or extraordinary. But it was filled with the small miracles of everyday life which are so important to one’s sense of self and worth and health. It is even more important to feel gratitude for these things, to never take them for granted, never forget to say, “Thank you” and “I love you.”
None of these things taken individually are small. Why would a week filled with them seem insignificant? I’d say this week was a very good week, wouldn’t you?
First, the not so good. The usual work issues: too much all at once, balmy customers that cannot make decisions (and stick with them), grown men that act like adolescents.
Commuter issues: people that say sorry for plowing you down when getting on the train while others am getting off. Their apologies mean nothing. I want to punch them very hard.
Home issues: I came down with a cold Monday night and as I rarely get them, I’ve been rather miserable. My flatmate, Miss Madeleine Manx, is getting older (eighteen June past) and getting a bit pickier about her food. I should get frequent visitor treats from Petco.
Now for the good bits. Snail mail from family is always appreciated. (I promise to do better.) When it contains forgiveness and understanding and love, it’s even better. I miss them so much it hurts, and while I do love everything I’ve seen and experienced in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, I need to think a lot before another cross country move. And win the lottery. Which will be impossible as I don’t play. Never have, never will. Much food for thought.
Remember my most recent blog post where I lamented selling a certain camera? Well, it’s coming home to me. Yes! I’m doing my happy dance. Honest.
I received a lovely small package from a dear friend in New Orleans and inside were a pair of her original, handmade earrings. Perfect for this time of year. Or anytime, actually. I owe you, dear lady.
You might be saying that my week didn’t sound special or extraordinary. But it was filled with the small miracles of everyday life which are so important to one’s sense of self and worth and health. It is even more important to feel gratitude for these things, to never take them for granted, never forget to say, “Thank you” and “I love you.”
None of these things taken individually are small. Why would a week filled with them seem insignificant? I’d say this week was a very good week, wouldn’t you?
![]() |
| chicken gothic © Trish Korous 2013 |
![]() |
| the book thief © Trish Korous 2016 |




Love it. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, my friend. :-)
DeleteIt sounds like an amazing week but what I love is that you took the time to feel all of your emotions and express them so eloquently ❤️
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Tracey. I very much appreciate your taking the time to read and comment. Who knew I could learn so much at this time in my life? ❤️
Delete