on may day miracles

May could not get any better and it’s only begun.

Yesterday, I started the day learning that some of my photographs that were exhibited a year ago, in Italy, have now been added to that museum’s permanent collection. How cool is that? My work will live on. And as some of the photos were taken during my time in New Orleans, my time there will not be forgotten, either.

Then, on the train to work, I caught sight of a beautifully pink sunrise sky through two buildings. I didn't even try to get out my mobile. It wouldn't see what I saw anyway.

And when I got home after work, I was sitting at my desk, in my underwear, sorting some photo files, about to jump into the shower, when my phone rang. When I saw the number, I knew.

A job I'd been interviewing for, in accounting, was calling to tell me they wanted to offer me the position. Yes! A substantial increase in pay, benefits, including health insurance, and much more. And a twenty minute commute instead of my current one hour and fifteen minute one way trip.

Oh, happy day! Finally! I'd been actively looking for work for about a year. I needed benefits and more money. And a better managed organisation.  I can say now what a financial struggle the past nineteen months have been. Hopefully, I learned something.

I'm already looking forward to going to Minneapolis to visit Betty. I miss our coffee talks. She has never judged me, always supported my decisions, and I love her dearly.

I can't wait to visit my heart, New Orleans. You see, she gets in your blood, and infusions are mandatory. Just to wander through the quarter in the quiet morning and see the colours and light work their magic while inhaling the heady scent of jasmine is a longing almost stronger than sexual desire. I kid you not. And then there’s the oysters.

But first and foremost is the job. I’m so grateful for this opportunity and challenge. I fear I will not be sleeping the next few nights. I hope they think I'm as great as my references told them I was.  This came at the right time. With my current job, I was able to be home more with my aging angel Madeleine. Now that she is gone, it’s Trish time. Things always work themselves out, it seems.

If this month gets any more exciting, I may faint. Then again, my light headedness may be due to the fact that I haven't stopped doing my happy dance since I got the call. Maybe I will sleep well tonight after all.


carnation
©Trish Korous











Comments

  1. This image is gorgeous as is your news, Trish! I’m so happy for you! 🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Diane! I feel a great sense of relief or maybe it’s the light at the end of a very long and twisting tunnel. 😍

      Delete
  2. good for you, trish. it's time for some good luck to come your way.
    keep dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Susan! I think it’s time, too. 😘

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts