no working title, part 2
It is true that I am feeling much brighter and lighter this past month. I went from a job that was nothing but frustrating and tear-inducing to one where I feel like my old self: confident and competent. Maybe because it has food as a focus. Ha.
I am commuting close to an hour, but this time it isn’t a bother. The trip home can be a pain when the trains are fun of baseball fans. (Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.) But they’re soon off and I can sit and it’s all forgotten until the next time.
Right now our offices are make do while the new building is being built which should be ready in April. At least that is the latest estimate. I probably will not have a view of the lake then. But hopefully everyone will have the room they need. Still, I will work on a beautiful campus, in a great part of Chicago, right off the Magnificent Mile. I can hardly wait for the holiday decorations to go up. I need to visit the MCA, Museum of Contemporary Art, which I pass everyday. I haven’t been there in years, preferring the Art Institute. But I can have both, yes?
Life is good. I still cannot jet off to Paris or even New Orleans quite yet, but soon. I would love to be in New Orleans for Halloween, but I don’t have paid vacation time yet. Next year.
I’ve been keeping a list of friends that I've wanted to send small gifts. To say thanks or I miss you or I love you. This week, I was finally able to start working on that list. This makes me very happy. Life is too short not to let the people that matter know it.
Henry Miller has made a huge impact on my life. I hope he’s as happy with me as I am with him. So far, he doesn’t run away when a camera is pointed at him. Which is secondary, of course, but still a good thing.
All that being said, there is still much I want to say about a few things, but I am trying not to piss off anyone or come across as self-righteous. This tongue-holding can be quite difficult at times. Which explains my lack of participation on Facebook. I simply cannot keep up with the drama and the people that post all day long. I have a job, don’t they? Forgive me, that slipped out somehow. It’s very hard being good, apparently. Normally, my first reaction would be to say, “Shut the fuck up, already!” Or something similar, but instead I am silent. The grumpy old woman is strong in this one.
But social media grumpiness aside, I am feeling very grateful and happy and content with my life. I hope this continues for a long time.
![]() |
| ©Trish Korous | 2011 Tiny origami swans made by a friend. |





Comments
Post a Comment