on inspiration
Creativity can be overwhelming at times. I had plans to maybe do some more painting/collaging/textile art. Whatever it is that I make. But I’ve also been thinking long and hard about starting a book. Seriously thinking long and hard. Not reading… writing. I realised (duh!) that I don’t have to be linear (boring!) and that I already have a good foundation with some of my blog posts. I can expand from those.
I am being encouraged by a friend or two and I’m starting to feel it more. I also recently watched a PBS series, Southern Storytellers, and I found their simple stories very inspiring. Not every book has to be War and Peace. Not every writer, Jane Austen.
My last blog post where I shared a story by a resident where I work, also is helping, as D has given me more stories that I still have to read and perhaps share with you. But her gratitude to me for sharing her story “on the internet” is very heartwarming and dear.
I also recently visited the Art Institute with a different friend. P is another resident where I work and she is also a collagist, so we bonded over art.
All these things seem to be pushing me towards writing.
I had a bit of a health scare yesterday afternoon, but thanks to coworkers, M and R, I was taken care of. I kinda couldn’t say no, actually. M can be very bossy. Ha. I’m okay and at home, and I am very grateful for their kindness and caring.
So while I may not start my memoirs today, I did snap a few instant photos and I am writing this.
I guess what this has been about is inspiration. It can be found everywhere and it may not even be related to anything that you are doing or want to do, but it’s there… informing us, making suggestions, testing our emotions. It can be as simple as watching this programme instead of that one. Choosing this book instead of that magazine. Walking the long way home instead of the usual way. Or as simple as accepting kindness. This one is hard for me, but that might be a topic for another post. Or a chapter in my book.
All I can say is stay tuned and keep reading me and who knows?
I am being encouraged by a friend or two and I’m starting to feel it more. I also recently watched a PBS series, Southern Storytellers, and I found their simple stories very inspiring. Not every book has to be War and Peace. Not every writer, Jane Austen.
My last blog post where I shared a story by a resident where I work, also is helping, as D has given me more stories that I still have to read and perhaps share with you. But her gratitude to me for sharing her story “on the internet” is very heartwarming and dear.
I also recently visited the Art Institute with a different friend. P is another resident where I work and she is also a collagist, so we bonded over art.
All these things seem to be pushing me towards writing.
I had a bit of a health scare yesterday afternoon, but thanks to coworkers, M and R, I was taken care of. I kinda couldn’t say no, actually. M can be very bossy. Ha. I’m okay and at home, and I am very grateful for their kindness and caring.
So while I may not start my memoirs today, I did snap a few instant photos and I am writing this.
I guess what this has been about is inspiration. It can be found everywhere and it may not even be related to anything that you are doing or want to do, but it’s there… informing us, making suggestions, testing our emotions. It can be as simple as watching this programme instead of that one. Choosing this book instead of that magazine. Walking the long way home instead of the usual way. Or as simple as accepting kindness. This one is hard for me, but that might be a topic for another post. Or a chapter in my book.
All I can say is stay tuned and keep reading me and who knows?
This could be the beginning of a Pulitzer contender.
My apologies to Bogie.
My apologies to Bogie.



Comments
Post a Comment